How Notary Online Education Works
Whether you're becoming a new Notary Public or looking to renew your Notary Public license, in order to take the Notary Public state exam in the state of California, you must successfully complete (3) three or (6) six hours of approved Notary Public Education.
NotaryClassOnline.com helps you complete the required (3) three hour refresher course or the required (6) six hours of Notary education, conveniently from the comfort of your own home. From signing up for NotaryClassOnline.com to completing the final exam, here's a step-by-step guide to how our process works:
- Sign up for the online (3) three hour refresher (before signing up for the 3 hour refresher course please read the disclosures and make sure you have time to complete the course and test while you are in your current commission time.) or the (6) six hour Notary Public course at NotaryClassOnline.com.
- Receive a unique login.
- Provide payment for the Notary Public course online through our secure server. Visa and Mastercard are both accepted for your convenience.
- Access the course at your convenience. You may login and complete your chosen course in one sitting. Or you may logoff whenever you feel like it and return when it's convenient for you.
- Our 6 hour Notary Public course is divided up into 12 individual units. Each unit has a small review -- or mini exam - to help you absorb the information. You must score 70% or better on each review in order to move on to the next part of the course. However, you may retake each review until you have achieved that score.
- Our 3 hour refresher Notary Public course is divided up into 3 individual sections. Each section has mini quizzes within the section and a exam upon completion of the section. These mini exams and the quiz will help you absorb the information. You must score 70% or better on each quiz or exam order to move on to the next part of the course. However, you may retake each quiz or exam until you have achieved that score.
- Upon successful completion of the Notary Public online course, you will receive an online Proof of Completion Certificate. Be sure to print out this piece as you will need it as proof that you completed the course prior to taking the final state exam.
- Take the Notary Public Test
- These exams are held in various counties throughout California and administered by the state. To find a location, date and time that's right for you, check out California Secretary of State's Notary Public Exam schedule.
- Register for an exam by contacting Cooperative Personnel Services (CPS)
- You will need to bring the following to the testing site
- Proof of Completion for the approved notary public education course
- Take with you to the exam site your completed notary public application form
- A check or money order for $40.00 made out to the California Secreatary of State (cash or credit cards are not accepted at the exam site) and a 2" x 2" color passport photo of yourself (stapled to your application).
- Pass the state exam and satisfy the state's other requirements (process fingerprints, get bonded, register with county clerk or recorder office, etc) and you will become California's newest Notary Public.
Remember, in order to take the state exam in the state of California, you must show proof that you have completed the required 3 hour refresher course or the 6 hours of required Notary Public education. We are here to help you successfully meet the needs of that requirement.