March 29, 2023 - 04:02am
Correctly Filling Out A Notary Certificate
Good Notary Public Education goes beyond your basic Notary Public class.
When filling out a Notary Acknowledgement or Jurat make sure that the following steps are taken to ensure the perfect notarization:
- The Venue - Fill in the State and the County where the notarization took place.
- Name of person(s) whose signatures you are notarizing - Make sure you spell the names correctly in your notarial certificate.
- Pronouns - Make sure you strike out the inapplicable wording (i.e. he/she/they or his/hers/theirs, is/are, person(s)).
- Choices - Strike out the choice that does not apply in the sworn or affirmed statement on a Jurat.
- Notary Seal - Make sure your seal is clear, doesn't overlap any verbiage and is next to your notary signature.
- Notary Signature - Don't forget to sign the certificate.